For both primary and secondary teachers.
08:15-08:15, Thursday 28 June 2018, Newcastle University School of Computing, NE4 5TG
Helping you implement the computing curriculum.
£35.00 by credit card or £40.00 by invoice for a day's CPD!
The CAS North East Regional Conference is a day of high quality CPD delivered by experienced teacher trainers and practitioners with a focus on lessons to take back to school and opportunities to share practice and ideas with colleagues across the region.
The conference offers a range of hands-on practical sessions on how to deliver various aspects of the computing curriculum in both primary and secondary school. Topics covered include:
- approaches to computational thinking
- computing without computers
- curriculum planning
- data representation
- physical computing
- primary and secondary programming
- computing in Early Years
Who should attend?
- Primary and secondary computing leads responsible for delivery of the computing curriculum in their schools
- Teachers who want to extend their computing skills and who are looking for classroom ideas
- Senior leaders who want to find out more about the importance of computing in school
- Anyone with an interest in computing and computer science education
The conference covers both primary and secondary computing and builds on our 2017, 2016 and 2015 conferences and the 2014 primary conference.
Feedback from previous years included:
- "... gave me confidence to teach the new curriculum ..."
- "... lots of practical ideas that can be used in the classroom straight away ..."
- "... highlighted computational thinking and that there is more to computing than computers ..."
- " ... fantastic opportunity to meet other computing coordinators ..."
The registration fee includes resource packs, lunch and refreshment breaks. There are two rates: £35.00 for payment by credit card and £40.00 for payment by invoice.
Please choose your payment method below to register and pay.
- Credit card payment (£35.00)
- Payment by raising an official order to be invoiced for conference registration (£40.00)
The conference is at the School of Computing Urban Sciences Building, Newcastle University, Science Central (near St James' Park). Please see our directions page for further information on travelling to the conference.
The conference is organised by the CAS North East in collaboration with CAS regional and national partners.