For both primary and secondary teachers.
08:15-16:15, Thursday 25 June 2020, Newcastle University School of Computing, Urban Sciences Building, NE4 5TG
Helping you implement the computing curriculum.
£35.00 by credit card or £40.00 by invoice for a day's CPD!
The CAS North East Regional Conference is a day of high quality CPD delivered by experienced teacher trainers and practitioners with a focus on lessons to take back to school and opportunities to share practice and ideas with colleagues across the region.
The conference offers a range of hands-on practical sessions on how to deliver various aspects of the computing curriculum in both primary and secondary school. There will be show cases from the regions NCCE Hubs and from Isaac Computer Science. Topics covered include:
- approaches to computational thinking
- computing without computers
- curriculum planning
- data representation
- physical computing
- primary and secondary programming
- computing in Early Years
Who should attend?
- Primary and secondary computing leads responsible for delivery of the computing curriculum in their schools
- Teachers who want to extend their computing skills and who are looking for classroom ideas
- Senior leaders who want to find out more about the importance of computing in school
- Anyone with an interest in computing education
The conference covers both primary and secondary computing and builds on our 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015 conferences and the 2014 primary conference.
Feedback from previous years includes:
- "... gave me confidence to teach the new curriculum ..."
- "... lots of practical ideas that can be used in the classroom straight away ..."
- "... highlighted computational thinking and that there is more to computing than computers ..."
- " ... fantastic opportunity to meet other computing coordinators ..."
The registration fee includes resource packs, lunch and refreshment breaks. There are two rates: £35.00 for payment by credit card and £40.00 for payment by invoice.
Payment by credit card is the simplest method and can be done directly through our University WebStore. For payment by invoice you also register via the WebStore and will be prompted to enter an order number. Once we have your registration request with order number, we will issue an invoice.
Please now go to the University WebStore to register and pay .
The conference is at the School of Computing Urban Sciences Building, Newcastle University, Science Central (near St James' Park). Please see the directions page for further information on travelling to the conference.
The conference is organised by the Newcastle University School of Computing and CAS North East in collaboration with CAS regional and national partners.