Andrew Lickley, Barefoot Computing
The Barefoot Computing Programme is a brilliant, free initiative created by Computing At School (CAS) with support from the Department for Education (DfE) and BT.
It offers a wealth of cross-curricular computing resources and face-to-face training to support primary teachers in delivering the computing curriculum with confidence and ease.
The workshop will be a hands-on session that helps teachers to:
- Understand the Barefoot approach and the computing curriculum
- Explore ‘computational’ thinking and key computing concepts and approaches
- Discover what Barefoot resources are available – self-teach notes & classroom activities
- Complete some exemplar classroom activities
- Find out how to access the resources and what support is available
All attendees will also receive a free resource pack including an A1 classroom poster, visual concept cards and a sample lesson plan.
Andrew Lickley's biography
Hannah is a Project Manager for the Barefoot Computing Programme and delivers CPD Workshops all over the UK to help primary school teachers deliver the computing curriculum.
Relevant Key Stages: KS1, KS2
Room: BSTC G.33 - seminar room 1, ground floor, Barbara Strang Teaching Centre
Back to conference page ...